Questions From Ed Slott
The Ed Slott Master Elite Advisor designation is exclusive to a group of of 278 financial advisors out of over 300,000 financial advisors nationally. These advisors are dedicated to be leaders in the IRA industry. They are trained by Ed Slott, CPA, America's IRA expert.
10 Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor
1. I know this area requires specialized knowledge in IRA distribution planning. Do you have expertise in this area? How would I know that?
2. What books have you read on the topic? Look at the books. If they crack when you open them...run. It’s the first time the book has been opened.
3. What professional training do you take in IRA distribution planning? What courses or programs have you taken? Can you show me the last course manual you received?
4. How do you stay current on key IRA tax laws What services or resources do you rely on to stay up to date? Can you show me a sample?
5. What is the latest IRA tax rule you are aware of? When did it occur?
6. How do you determine the best option for my lump sum distribution? What are all of my choices?
7. How would you keep track of my IRA beneficiary form? When should I update my IRA beneficiary form? What are the key events that would trigger a need for a review?
8. Can you show me the IRS life expectancy tables?
9. Do you know what will happen to my IRA after I die? How will you make sure that my beneficiary will get the stretch IRA?
10. Who do YOU turn to when you have questions on IRA distribution planning? No one can know it all.
Excerpt from Public Television show:
"Stay Rich Forever & Ever With Ed Slott" DVD and Retirement Workbook
Copyright Stay Rich Enterprises, LLC